CP and I have been dating for almost 5 years. That’s huge for me. He’s the first man I have every truly-loved. That’s huge for me. We have literally lived through some major moments. And it’s safe to say, I can’t see myself without him. Nor, do I, even want to think about life without him around. But, a relationship, is not always rainbows, butterflies, hearts, and roses. In fact, I think most “perfect” relationships have their flaws. And this is perfectly normal. Things can go wrong and goodness forbid you don’t see eye-to-eye. But, for me and CP a certain factor was tinting our relationship… distance.
For the past two years he and I were in a looonnnggg distance relationship. It was a hard-two-years. Much blood was shed. Nothing seemed to make either of us happy. We always had something to argue about. Once we realized, we fought mainly because we missed each other, things simmered down, but then again we would fight. We couldn’t fix it, because we weren’t in the same town. It was an endless battle. And while I wouldn’t want to wish this on anyone, if you are, you aren’t alone. I want to help. So I have came up with some survival tips. To help you along the way. It made living through this small stage; an easy journey. *Note every relationship is different. But, ultimately, it’s okay to hang on because there is light at the end of the tunnel. Most importantly, however you must make yourself happy.
- It’s okay to give him the benefit of the doubt, but never be afraid to speak your mind.
- Talk about it. Communication is important. Be open about your expectations while in this relationship.
- Make the most of every moment together; do activities that make both of you happy (a shared like).
- Give him space; don’t overbear him with texts, calls, emails, ect.
- Show him you care and he is the only one; so that he in return values you.
- Support him, but be honest about things that are important to you.
- Visit him at least twice a month; make it about him when you do.
- Don’t be jealous, if he’s with you, he’s with you. Trust him. Be cool.
I hope these help.
CP is moving back home. So it will be so much more relieving to have him close… and fun. I will keep you posted on our relationship from time-to-time. As he is an important factor to my life.
As for you, don’t sweat it. Enjoy life. And if you ever need me… I’m here.