I’ve been doing a pretty terrible job at keeping you all updated on life lately. I hate to bore everyone with the “I’ve been so busy out of my mind” blah blah blah nonsense. So, I’ll skip the dramatics and I’ll simply say hello.
The truth is a lot has happened to me in the past couple of months. It’s been fun. It’s all been good. It’s all been a blessing.
Of course I have been documenting life in photos via my iPhone (honestly, why did I buy my Nikon?)
Any who, it’s late, but I thought the best way to share what I’ve been up to is by be thankful as sort of a goodbye November (I love you, I’ll miss you) and a slow transition to December (let’s end the year on a good note okay buddy?)
1. Can we just take a minute to admire my hair? Goodness, now that’s a set of locks. Those of you that know me, know that I’m a fairly simple gal, meaning–I don’t EVER usually comb my hair. As of lately however, by the divine power of his mercifully, my hair has been so good and cooperative; I’ve been thanking it by blowing drying, combing (like actually combing it on the regular), straightening, and curling it. Thank you hair, love you.
2. I turned a quarter of a century plus one this year! I celebrated my birthday with great friends with the usual night out in the town, short dresses, and a lot of bubbly stuff. Oh and I got inked up. I’m thankful for another year!
3. Another huge millstone was my papa bear turning 50! Goodness! Honestly, I’d pretty much be a lost soul without this man. Not only does he spoil me rotten, but he also by no means necessary treats me like I’m some hopeless woman. For this I’m extremely thankful.
4. I’m also happily grateful for books (I’m currently reading “It’s Not Love, It’s Just Paris) and sweet pea scented candles.
5. A big “thank you” shout out goes to make-up! Although I’m a firm believer in “simple is chic,” I’m always thankful for my 50 shades of purple lipstick collection. Oh and that Stress Relief hand lotion from Bath and Body Works (you go lotion).
6. Lastly, music is the bomb! It literally is such a mood changer. And lately I’ve been jamming out every second I can. My Pandora has been playing non-stop. It’s crazy because I go, literally, from listening to Drake (I have the entire Wu-Tang Forever song memorized) to Def Leppard to Katy Perry to One Direction to Luke Bryan in like less than 5 minutes. Thank goodness for music!