Published by alwaysa
This month marked the 27th year of my birth. Yay! When the day inched closer, I entered into a state of funk (depression). It was inevitable that I turn another year older, yet somehow, I plotted a million ways to stop my birthday from happening. It’s impossible. It’s going to happen. It happened. It actually happened. Because it was supposed to happen, because it was meant to happen.
It’s no big deal.
It’s not so bad being 27. It’s a good thing. A wonderful thing, actually, to live another year.
Here’s a list of 27 things I’m thankful for that have made my life that much better.
2. Healthy parents and siblings
4. Healthy grandparents (all four still live)
9. Being able to go to Peru and serve on a mission trip
10. My job (being a teacher rocks!)
11. My students (who make my job worth it)
13. That ab machine at the gym
14. Romantic movies
15. Green tea
16. Charlie and Chloe
17. Makeup (more or so when I’m not feeling all that great)
19. My bed
20. The sun
23. That boy that broke my heart
25. Nail polish
26. High heels
27. My birthday
To help celebrate my birthday, my best friend and I visited my cousin in Colorado. We went ziplining and later we walked the downtown area of Denver. I also got a new tattoo I’ll share with you all soon.