When it comes to falling in and out of love, I’ve done things I’m not proud of. I’ve been hurt, terribly, but I’ve also hurt others out of spite.
However, there is one thing I actually did well, and that was falling in love with Micah!
My love life hasn’t always been easy, but with Micah, even fighting is worth every moment. He and I are completely different. Some of those differences are evident. We come from different worlds and we were raised under different circumstances, but all the while these things make us appreciate one another. He’s sentitive, gentle, and kind, while I’m harsh, intimating, and almost at a glance mean. It’s true, couples balance each other out, and we are no exception.
I was a fool to think that I knew what love was before I meet Micah, oh I was deeply mistaken. I’d gladly go through every ounce of heartbreak again if I knew God had this wonderful person waiting for me at the end of the storm.
Yesterday, Micah and I celebrated 10 months of dating. Yes we’ve only been dating for 10 months. It doesn’t seem like much, but in reality it seems like such a lifetime. Every day, I fall more and more in love with him for so many reasons, I decided to make a list. The list will lead up to No. 1 and the most important aspect of my love for Micah.
10. His personality: Micah loves to laugh at his own jokes and while at times they are beyond ridiculous, I’m quiet fond at them now.
09. His smile: Sometimes when I’m not looking, I’ll turn and just catch him smiling at me, that smile is the best one. It literally weakens me. It makes me feel giddy. Oh man and if there’s a wink to follow (and there usually is) I’m a goner.
08. The way he listens: I’m a talker. I gossip, I complain, and I vent. Bless Micah for always listening even when I have to talk about the most unthinkable girl situations.
07. How much he cares: And not just about me, but how much he cares about his job and students, his family, his friends, his athletes, and his person as a whole.
06. His good looks: Micah is easy on the eyes. His eyes sparkle. I could stare into them for hours on end. His lips are to die for. I could watch them for hours, especially when he’s talking about some sporting thing. His looks makes me feel insecure and at times vulnerable, but he unwillingly makes me feel confident too.
05. His drive: Whether he knows it or not, his will to grow into a better person motivates me to do the same. He’s so driven and passionate about his future. He’s a man with goals and in turn his attitude about life helps me challenge myself.
04. He’s learning Spanish: English is my second language hence my parents don’t speak English fluently. It’s tough on Micah. It’s on my parents. But together the three of them are inter-connecting by the grace of God. It’s so endearing to see him interacting with my parents in this way. We practice Spanish verses and words from-t0-time because he wants to learn. For that reason, I’m so grateful for him. His effort to make my parents feel special by doing this makes me love him even more.
03. He’s attentive: But, not overbearing. It’s just right and as if by magic he knows when I need him and when he just needs to stand back. He gives me space, but he also shows me he cares even when he’s 110% busy. There isn’t a part of each day where I’m unsure if he’s thinking about me.
02. He’s proper: Micah’s got good manners. He’s respectful and also very polite. He knows his rights from his wrongs and isn’t afraid to point out when I’m failing. He’s got a good head on his shoulders.
01. He’s a man of God: If there’s one advice I can give a girl looking for their Prince Charming it would be to look for a man who loves Jesus. Through Micah’s devotion to the Lord, I can see how genuine, truthful, faithful, and loving he really is. He loves Jesus and the word and strives everyday to be a disciple. In turn, he leads me and my faith to the cross. Any preconceived ideas my mind may make up are quickly diminished because of Micah’s faithfulness in Jesus. This is the main reason, I fell so much in love with Micah. It’s true what they say a man who loves Jesus and isn’t afraid to say so, is attractive. So ladies find a man that puts Jesus in his heart. That’s a man worthy of your love.
I celebrated Valentine’s Day in red. I bought this dress about two years ago at Dillard’s. I love the detail in the front and on the neckline. It radiates romance and passion. Both things that I feel for Micah. I paired the dress with neutral heels and copper earrings.